Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Retronaut

So, I just noticed that the Retronaut has linked to my blog because I sent the Retronaut a scan of the pamphlet "Social Telegrams". So let me just say hello to anyone who has ended up on this page after visiting the Retronaut.  For those of you visiting for the first time my twitter feed is @jillerickson and one day I will write a classic novel featuring a character named Chester B. Ticklejamset. Chester got his name when I was in 5th grade, so this novel has been gestating for some time, but I'm sure any Retronaut will understand that things that age have certain miraculous properties.

My day job is reference librarian at a public library, but for many years I worked at a VERY Retronaut kind of place ... The Boston Athenaeum.

Want to hear my voice? I didn't win the Public Radio Host contest (mentioned below), but I do now have a monthly gig talking about books on our local NPR station WCAI.

And, as you can also see below, I've been reading Proust aloud for quite a long time now.

And perhaps tomorrow I will have time to write a bit about "A Gathering for A Scattering" which took place at the Edward Gorey House this past Saturday. Our cat Jane, formerly owned by EG, was at last returned to her original home.

Salutations to you all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, there's still a link up for my entry to that NPR contest. That was four years ago. You'd think they'd take that stuff down.

June 30, 2011 at 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home